24.8.10

My last day in the United States

Hello all!

I'm down to my last day in the U.S. for a year, and I'm getting pretty excited. It's crazy to think that I'll be in Germany in two days (flying takes a day up). I just have a few things left to do: hang out with my Georgia family, go to the dentist (thank goodness Michele Tomseth keeps sending those reminder emails. hopefully they'll continue while we're abroad, reminding us of things we need to do before we leave), finish packing (it's all still pretty much done from my flight from California) and do some laundry. I've got a dentist appointment in half an hour, so that's one checked off, and the rest I'll do today.

I got my housing assignment yesterday, and I found out that I'll be living in the Untere Straße in the old city, which isn't what I was hoping for, but after I got out my grumpiness about it yesterday when I found out, I'm excited about living there, especially since Kaia's (the other person from Linfield) in the old city and will be near me as well.

For those of you who don't already know, let me outline what this semester will look like. I get to Germany on the 27th (this Friday) and then on Monday, I will start a preliminary course of German learnin'. After a month, I'll take a test to categorize my level and then I can start looking at classes to take and register. My semester starts on the 11th of Oktober, and ends sometime in late January/early February with a three week break at Christmas.

I'll do my best to post weekly, or at least bimonthly! I know I'll get super busy and lazy but hopefully I'll keep keeping you all updated. Let me know if you have particular questions, and I'll do my best to answer them so everyone can know what's up.

Next time in Deutschland,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment