2.12.10

A Story About How...My Life is Like an Action Movie

Here's a story for you all:

I nearly die almost every time I try to do anything in my room. I cannot tell you how often I nearly fall off my bed or out of the window. It's a death trap. Much like the Heidelberg Hauptbahnhof, but that's another story.

This morning I decided to be productive and do some more laundry, as our washer was recently repaired and it is now a viable option as opposed to the sink. I did the cycle, and as I usually do, decided to hang it to dry in my room. This is because a) it's easy b) it makes my room smell good c) it's good for the environment d) our dryer is a piece of crap and e) the dryer takes forever and I don't have that kind of time.

As I was hanging my sheet across my curtain rod, balancing on the edges of my bed so it doesn't collapse again, I lost my balance and fell into the window. Thank goodness a) my bed didn't crash and b) the window wasn't open/didn't break. I don't actually think I could have broken the window, but it's still unnerving, especially since this happens often. Every morning when I, half-asleep, balance on the edges of my bed to crack open my window, inevitably, I teeter and catch myself just in time not to fall and give myself a concussion.

Point is, I live my life on the edge. I do no-excuses laundry...

2 comments:

  1. It seems your Spaghetti Disorder has become a much more disabling ailment.

    ReplyDelete